Westsail 321: Fishing for our supper

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Fishing for our supper

We finally made the plunge in Port McNeill and have outfitted ourselves with a fishing license, a net, a rod to go with the trolling reel that we found on the boat, and some colorful lures that we hope fish find attractive. We couldn't resist buying the flasher called "Purple Haze". There was one called "Monkey Puke" but we decided to wait and see how Purple Haze performs first.

Matt vaguely recalls one fishing experience as a young boy at a fish pond, and I have some fond (and I am not being sarcastic) memories of gutting trout and playing with fish eyes as a kid. But beyond that we really have no idea what we are doing. We figure hunger will bring out the fishing instinct in us. So wish us luck and hopefully we'll catch something edible. We'll keep you posted.

By the way, I am getting faster at winching in the anchor. My latest time was 24 minutes, so I think I am improving just a bit.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Westsail 32, Hull #321
SV Wecantu