Westsail 321: Happy New Year!

Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year!



This is the sight that greeted us after returning from our week spent visiting family and friends in the Seattle area. Juneau often feels a bit surreal to me, and with all the darkness and snow and ice I feel like I am living in the world of Peter Hoeg's novel Smilla's Sense of Snow. The fresh water on the surface freezes when the temperature drops and intricate patterns are created by the motion of the tides and the currents moving through the harbor.


1 comment:

Julia Pequlia said...

I was feeling sad about the Seattle gloom and just today realized that it is at least better than Alaska! Thanks for the reminder! At least you can enjoy the beauty of ice and the sound snow makes under boots.

About Me

My photo
Westsail 32, Hull #321
SV Wecantu