Westsail 321: Rear Window

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Rear Window

I doubt Matt and I will witness anything like what James Stewart and Grace Kelly suspected a courtyard neighbor of in the plot of one of my favorite movies, but it is nice to have a window from which to watch a small part of the world in Juneau go by. The photo was taken on a rare occasion of blue sky, but so far much of the world we look out on consists of rain, ravens, cruise ship tourists, and a sometimes entertaining parking lot with one resident red squirrel (at least he loiters here a lot, if not actually resides). I'd better keep my eye on the squirrel, you never know what he might try to dig up...

Matt is doing remote IT work for his former employer and we have scored this nice office space from which to work. It provides a drier place to hang out than the boat and is within walking distance from the marina. Temptations include several coffee shops within just a few blocks, and the public library is just down the street. While Matt works I search for jobs, compose cover letters and tweak my resume, read books and look out the window. I am reading lots of books but that may be a post for next time.

3 comments:

Marv said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marv said...

What Hitchcock will you next use?
Marv

Anonymous said...

Squirrels can be funny creatures. My parents have been feeding one called "Stan" for years (FYI...I'm certain the original Stan has long since passed only to be replaced by a blood cousin). On the flip side, the Joy of Cooking explains how to expertly skin a squirrel in order to stew it with winter root vegetables. Just saying...

I bet mid-way through this winter you guys will be pining for the warmth offered by turning Wecantu 180 degrees in the opposite direction and landing squarely in the Sea of Cortez. Race you guys! Last boat in buys the first round of cervezas!

Keep in touch!

~brian & richard

About Me

My photo
Westsail 32, Hull #321
SV Wecantu