Westsail 321: All work and no pay

Monday, April 18, 2011

All work and no pay


This week is the the beginning of me being unemployed, but it doesn't feel that way. Instead of working at a library surrounded by books and wonderful co-workers, I am now working long hours (today was a 7am to 10 pm shift) with no pay, and the boss (myself) is rather demanding. Maybe I need to unionize...

Today I ran several errands to gather various materials and supplies.
Then I went to the boat and helped Matt mark the anchor rode so we'll know how much length we've put out when we drop anchor. (We used cable ties - simple but effective.)
I also did a fitting of the partially sewn sail cover for the main sail. Then it was back home to finish sewing the cover, which took me until the evening.
Then I cut out the fabric pieces for the propane tank cover I need to sew.

The photo shows the sail cover in progress. I prefer to sew on the floor to allow all that fabric to slide more easily through the machine. It's always a bit of a wrestling match. I hope I got all the measurements right, I'll find out tomorrow!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Westsail 32, Hull #321
SV Wecantu